Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bead Scoop - Roman Glass Beads

I first discovered Roman glass during the Bead Cruise 2 years ago. It was featured in a jewelry line in the gift shop on the ship and I was smitten. But it was out of my budget at the time. I do remember going back down to the shop to swoon over it a few times before the cruise ended.

So when I spotted a necklace in the latest issue of BeadStyle magazine I was clicking my mouse faster than you can say ancient artifact!

"This ancient Roman glass was found in the Nimroz province of Afghanistan. The beads are between 900 & 1200 years old, and were excavated in 2006. Glass has not been produced in this area for 900 years."

Happy Mango Beads has a lovely selection of these beads in a few different price points. Oh how I need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment