Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I Heart Jewelry Tools: Metal Hole Punch Pliers

If you're working with metal there are a few tools that come in handy. Frequently I need a hole in a piece of metal, whether it's a bezel I'm going to sew or a disk to hang as a charm. These hole punching pliers from Contenti come in handy so I don't have to break out the drill. (Thank you, Contenti for allowing us to borrow your pictures shown below.)




A quick punch and you have a 1.25mm or 1.8mm hole. I prefer the 1.8mm hole. It's just right for a jump ring or wire. The hole punching pliers shown above will work with metal up to 18 gauge. That fits most sheet metal I've worked with.

Do you have a favorite tool to use with metal?

(written by Cindy Gimbrone, hole punching pliers advocate and glass beadmaker.)

No comments:

Post a Comment