Saturday, July 18, 2009

Studio Saturday: Heavy Metal

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.

Last weeks winner is mairedodd! Congratulations! You have won one of Heather's new egg beads! Send Heather an email and she will get it right out to you.




Welcome to the studio of Cindy Gimbrone and Studio Saturday!

My glass is sharing studio space with bronze metal clay these days. I decided to start small with just a few small charms and pendants. First, there was the rolling out and cutting the metal clay....



...which, honestly was a huge mess for me. But I got over it and figured it out. It was a great way to use the vintage newspaper advertisement stamps I found at the flea market a few years ago...



Here's one of the pendants fully fired and polished...



...not too bad for a first go around. I've got more on the workbench to fire today but before I get back to work, I'd like to hear from you.

What new things are you trying out lately? Whether it be in jewelry making, beadmaking, crafts, sports, life - tell me about what you're trying new and you'll be entered to win the bronze pendant shown above.

I look forward to hearing what you're trying out new!

No comments:

Post a Comment