Saturday, July 11, 2009

Studio Saturday - Horsin' Around

Opps! Looks like our editors are still on vacation, if only in their minds. Here is a late edition of Studio Saturday. Enjoy!

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.

Last week's winner is MAKUstudio. Congratulations! You have won a surprise Humblebead!. Send me your address and I will get that right out to you.
As you read last week, I'm enjoying 25 long vacation days on the lakeshore in Michigan. I have been loving every minute of it. I have been setting up a little table on the screened in porch and making beads and jewelry. So relaxing. Sometimes when beads are your living, it can suck the joy out of creating. Deadlines looms, orders need to be filled and your muse sits in the back of the studio pouting throwing out all sorts of wonderful ideas and distractions that have to wait until less busy days. So finally, I have less busy days and have been making the most of them.
I have had a chance to bead a few pieces that fit into our monthly challenge theme. I enjoy playing along with the rest of you. Although I don't count myself in for the prizes. I know, pout away little muse! Above is my Wild Horses bracelet. The horse charm is from Green Girl Studios and you can pick one up from our sponsor this month, BeadLady. I threw in some golden branch disk beads by me, stones and lots of copper.
Golden Lantern Earrings with the same golden branch disk beads.

And the last one, I'm calling the "The Way of the Dodo". This one has one of my new eggs, a brass feather, stones, lotus pod beads and a little brass nest. Kinda' Flinestoney, eh? I have filled up 1/2 the table with my new creations. Now to pull out that camera!

So, how are your entries for this month going? Finished one, have one on your desk? Scratching your head at this months' theme? Let me know in the comments section and one lucky winner will receive one of my new eggs. Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment