Saturday, July 4, 2009

Studio Saturday - On the Go

Welcome to Studio Saturday! Each week one of our contributors gives you a sneak peek into their studio, creative process or inspirations. We ask a related question of our readers and hope you'll leave comments! As an incentive we offer a free prize each week to bribe you to use that keyboard. The following week we choose a random winner.

Last weeks winner is Alice. Congratulations! You have won a Kandinsky button from Creative Impressions in Clay. Send Tari an e-mail with your address and she will get it right out to you.
Welcome to the Humblebeads mobile studio. I'm out and about this weekend. If you follow my blog you know that I'm in Michigan for most of July. Of course I packed more beads & supplies than clothes. This is a working vacation for me and I knew I'd have to make beads while I was here. I'm looking forward to working on some ideas that have been rolling around in my head, taking a break from production work. It's nice to not 'have' to make beads but to branch out with some new ideas. My vacation time is always a chance to refill the 'creative well'. (Above is a simple necklace I made to wear to on my vacation!)
Along with my fun beadmaking we are planning some adventures in resin and metal etching. The we is Rosanne from FabFibers. Rosanne and I have been stashing away supplies for the last few months. I have an awesome collection of bezels to fill from Susan Lenart Kazmer and Vintaj. I have been hunting used book stores for images to use along with tiny starfish, mica glitter and a sundry of goodies.
My mom and I did some bottle caps with diamond glaze earlier this year. It was fun, but I'm not crazy about the bottle cap things, so I've kept them under wraps. I used some of my canes that were baked and sliced. I plan to do that again for the new ones.

So I have to ask a question of you, if you had a free week to experiment or work on a new project what would you do? Leave a comment and I will send you one of my experiments from this week's beadmaking sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment