Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Finds with Lorelei: Toulouse Lautrec


This week I thought I'd give you a little help with this month's ABS challenge, which may have some of you stumped for ideas. Although all the colors of the painting aren't here, I did find some interesting beads that remind me of tulle or lace that would be under the main dancer's dress. Like those lampwork glass beads from Sarah Hornick- look at the detailing, don't they look like waves of tulle!?  I tried thinking outside the box for you!! I hope you enjoy this week's Friday Finds.  Click the above picture and it will take you to the treasury at Etsy.

Marcelle Lender Dancing the Bolero in "Chilpéric," 1895–96.
Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec (French, 1864-1901).
Oil on canvas. 145 x 149 cm (57 1/8 x 59 in.).
Collection of Mr. and Mrs. John Hay Whitney, 1990.127.1.
© National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment